A leading Medical Sciences and Technology firm based in Chicago is looking to build out their Audit team and hire a Senior Auditor specializing in Global Finance. The firm is a fortune 500 and has multiple lines of business, including Medical Devices, Diagnostics, R&D, Device Procurement, and more.
In this role, you'll be working closely with the business to perform financial audits for the firm's domestic and international affiliates, test control effectiveness, provide recommendations for better risk-control processes, and interacting frequently with senior stakeholders and regulatory bodies. What's unique about this opportunity is that the Audit group is a completely rotational program, consisting of a 2-year rotation to get an expert understanding of the financials of the business. After completing the rotation, you get the opportunity to move out of audit and into a more business-facing role. This is an essential part of the firm's culture promoting organic growth and this is one of the ways they get future leaders into their internal pipeline.
- Perform financial audits of the firm's domestic and international affiliates
- Successfully complete audits from all stages: planning, fieldwork, wrap-up
- Document all audit work in a clear manner
- Assess accuracy/adequacy of financial statements, internal controls, and identify business process improvements
- Provide input on risks and controls while maintaining independence
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 3-6 busy seasons in internal/external audit practice of a public accounting firm, Big 4 highly preferred
- Ability to work with and analyze large amounts of data to assess audit scope and/or areas of risk
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX); experience in performing financial statement audits for SEC clients and/or SOX process and controls
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to advise on risk and control considerations
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience preferred
- CPA or other certification (CFE, CIA, CMA) highly preferred
- 40-60% travel to firm's International and Domestic locations required