A top, global Hedge Fund is looking to hire an experienced Risk Manager to help mitigate risk for their portfolios covering Convertible Bonds, Capital Structure, and Arbitrage Strategies. The firm is a top ten fund in terms of assets under management, and have a presence across North America, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Zurich.
The ideal candidate will have at least five or more years of Fixed Income Risk or Trading experience, strong knowledge of CDS, advanced programming skills in Python, and the ability to lead interactions with investment teams and executive committees.
- Monitor and explain PnL and performance to senior management
- Monitor VaR, stress and other risk limits, remediate limit overages, and engage in discussions with PMs on positions and portfolios
- Interview prospective PMs and manage limits
- Evaluate trade ideas and estimate risk capital usage for sizing trades
- Interact and advise traders on a daily basis
- Build and enhance risk tools and models to improve the way the firm approaches risk management
- Contribute regularly to the Risk Committee and Investment Committee
- 5+ years of experience in fixed income risk analytics or trading
- Expert knowledge of arb and capital structure products, credit, converts, and CDS
- Track record of managing risk technology projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to code in R or Python