A top Asset Manager in the Greater New York City area is looking to add mid-level headcount to their Market and Collateral Risk function. The Asset Manager currently oversees more than $2T in total assets and is currently growing across most business lines on the investment side. The firm offers a wide range of services including Financial Planning and Analysis, Retirement Plans, Wealth Management Services, Investing, and Trading and Brokerage Services.
The team is accountable for developing, refining, and maintaining innovative risk models to ensure that all clients and investors are well collateralized in their portfolios, and their borrowing and leverage levels do not represent potential risk to the business. The firm is ideally looking for a candidate with four years of more experience in risk or analytics, ability to build relationships across multiple business lines, and a desire to build a career for the long term.
- Analyze risk exposures using stress testing and scenario analysis for client trading
- Assist in developing a firm-wide model risk management framework
- Perform risk analysis on the portfolio level
- Develop relationships across business lines and ensure that all business partners are aware of risk policies and model outputs
- Develop enhanced risk analytics to be implemented across diverse investment strategies
- Provide ad hoc risk reports to keep senior management and the investment team updated on portfolio risk
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in STEM or Financial field
- 4+ years of experience in risk or analytics
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Deep knowledge of financial markets and products
- Ability to analyze portfolio strategies and risk using stress tests and scenario analysis
- Programming skills: SQL, R, Python
- Excellent verbal skills