- Provide Risk expertise and support for the Front and Back Office functions.
- Support the CRO and other risk managers in managing risk exposures across the Global Macro business.
- Assist with the optimisation of the businesses current Risk Management framework, whilst improving the Risk monitoring and compliance monitoring database
- Understanding and analysing the key market drivers and how they affect the firm's positions.
- Be a central point of contact and key relationship holder with local regulatory bodies and industry associations/working groups
- Work closely with traders, technology and operational staff in reaching the goal of building a state of the art platform.
- Highlighting and tackling key risks facing the business now and in the future, including regulatory rules such as MAR, MIFID II, ICARA as well as firm based policies.
- Identify and trace key risk issues facing the business, liaising with the board and senior management in implementing robust risk management measures.
- Enhancing Market surveillance control and developing tools, reports and procedures that help streamline workflows.
- Carrying out analysis of the firms automated market surveillance, including its alert systems to ensure they are performing as expected (Nasdaq Trade Surveillance).
- MSc in Quantitative Finance, Risk Management, Mathematics or Engineering / FRM / PRM / CFA qualifications desirable.
- Strong understanding of Options Market Making, Single Stock or Index.
- Understanding of Key Risk metrics - VaR and Risk measurement frameworks
- IT Proficiency - Python, SQL or VBA
- Strong knowledge of European financial regulation and exchange rulebooks, as well as anti-money laundering legal requirements.