The Real Estate Associate will partner with the execution team to develop and execute cradle-to-grave strategies for an institutional-quality generalist property portfolio. The Real Estate Associate will engage in all aspects of investment-level business planning and will collaborate with various internal and third-party teams to drive execution. The Associate will support both the acquisitions and asset management teams to see the full investment lifecycle. The Associate will also support acquisition due diligence and onboarding, property management and tenant relations, redevelopment project executions, secured debt strategy and placements, and disposition execution for the region.
This position offers the opportunity to join a firm with a long track record of success while getting to work with some of the best in the industry.
The Real Estate Associate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining relationships with business contacts and relevant market players, leasing agents, contractors, consultants, investors, and in-house property managers
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing tenants
- Lead the budget process for leasing assumptions, and provide information/analysis on recommended capital projects
- Extensive market and industry research
- Thorough understanding of property level financial analysis
- Ad hoc investment and asset management-related work (e.g. reporting, financing activities, disposition activities, corporate initiatives, capital project recommendations)
- Collaborate with the Execution Team to evaluate capital improvement projects, deferred maintenance, and new sources of revenues
Real Estate Associate Requirements:
- 1 - 4 years of Investment Banking experience performing Real Estate-related M&A with a bulge bracket, elite boutique, or reputable middle-market bank OR 1 - 4 years of experience with a Real Estate owner/operator, Development firm, RE Private Equity fund, or Brokerage.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Business, Economics, Finance, Real Estate, Development or Accounting)
- Excellent understanding of Excel with spreadsheet analysis experience
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional work ethic
- Microsoft Excel/Microsoft Office suite Proficiency
- Argus Experience is a plus