A leading Global Multi-Strategy Asset Manager with over $80bn in total AUM is hiring a Risk Manager to join their growing Commodity Risk Management team. This individual can sit in Chicago, New York, or Houston, and they will be instrumental to the business as the Head of Commodity Risk's first hire.
The firm covers multiple Equity, Credit, and Global Macro strategies, and this Risk Manager will primarily cover North American Power/Energy trading markets with the potential to grow into full desk coverage across markets including Oil, Natural Gas, Ags, Softs, and Metals. The risk team runs lean and supports a lean group of PMs, and this is a great opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly expanding business line where you can influence risk aware investment strategy.
- Engage directly with commodities trading desks and challenge trading activity according to the firm's risk appetite and risk framework
- Advise PMs on macro risk factors and make adjustments to risk-aware portfolio construction
- Research, develop, and enhance the risk framework and internal risk systems to accommodate continued growth of the commodities business line
- Work with senior risk management, IT and Quant teams, and investment teams to approve and launch new products across commodity markets
- Present innovative strategy adjustments and portfolio rebalancing to maximize risk-adjusted returns
- 5+ years of front office risk management and/or physical trading experience in NA Power and Energy markets
- Thorough experience with NA Power markets and networks, congestion products, capacity markets, renewable energy; Power Trading experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency using Python/SQL/Excel as well as data visualization packages for building tools and dashboards
- Experience covering oil, natural gas, agricultural products, or other soft commodities strongly preferred