Python/C++ Developer (Regulatory Technology)
Our client, one of the largest leading US multinational hedge fund is looking for an exceptionally talented developer to build impactful software applications for trading compliance, compliance, regulatory demands. The candidate will be working with trading technology teams, traders, and compliance officers on a daily basis.
The Regulatory Reporting function is responsible for developing cutting edge technology to utilize the trading activity for various regulatory and surveillance regimes. This is a big data focused role where the team works with terabytes of trading data and petabytes of market data.
Location: Hong Kong - Visa sponsorship/relocation support available for the right candidate.
- Design, develop, and deploy reusable, maintainable, and scalable applications to facilitate high-volume business critical decisions.
- Produce clean, testable code with associated unit tests.
- Excellent communication and collaboration with team members and compliance as well as trading desks.
- 5+ years of hands on development experience with Python and C++ in a server side environment
- Strong understanding of database systems such as MS SQL Server or another enterprise DBMS.
- Strong background in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Hands on development using messaging paradigms (Tib, Kafka)
- Worked on a Big Data and Time series database platform (KDB+, Snowflake) a plus
- Understanding of Equity and Commodity products with associated compliance requirements (e.g. short order marking, position limits, etc.) is preferrable
- Analytical, intellectually curious and skilled at problem solving
- Open and flexible to change (programming language, evolving specs, different business areas, etc.)
- Technical education should include an undergraduate / graduate degree, preferably in Computer Science or a closely related field.