My client is a leading Singaporean proprietary trading firm and looking for a senior python developer to work on their backend trading systems. This is a senior member of the team that is currently owning and working on their risk platform. The person will interface risk managers as well as the rest of the tech team periodically. Risk system is a business critical system that the person will be able to contribute and make architectural and strategic decisions to scale it up.
**We are able to sponsor EP.
- Project management, working closely with the risk managers to ensure requirements and features are met.
- Familiarize with the complete trading platform and work closely with other technical teams.
- Oversee day to day system operations and resolved production issues
- Help to drive architectural, design, process optimization discussions.
- 5 years+ of experience working with Python with Django and other Python-based frameworks
- Robust knowledge around relational databases and SQL.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of OOP programming, algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of git, ci/cd and unit testing.
- Linux OS experience
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- An interest in learning new technologies and programming languages like Rust, Go, etc.
- Event-based message systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Solace, Google Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Distributed systems
- Prior Google Cloud experience