A global private markets investment firm with $100b+ AUM is building out their infrastructure and real assets team. This client focuses on primary fund investments, secondaries and co-investing as well as direct investing. Their investing is diversified across digital infrastructure, utilities, and energy/renewables.
The firm is seeking an Associate to join their infrastructure/real assets team. This individual will be involved in all aspects of private equity investing and will have strong development opportunities as part of a rapidly growing, flat-structured team.
- Strong financial modeling skills-creating financial models, ability to prepare valuation bridges, in addition to running discounted cash flow analysis, and create and analyze scenario
- Strong communication skills-presentations and memos
- Due diligence of various investment opportunities across sectors and geographies, which include primary funds, secondaries, co-investments and direct investments;
- Construct arguments about investment decisions and effectively communicate them both verbally and in written materials; defend your position at Investment Committee meetings;
- Train and develop junior team members and assess their analytical approach and results/outputs;
- Ability to interact with clients and General Partners and prepare fund summaries, notes and client materials as required; and,
- Support senior staff on sourcing and managing the inflow of investment opportunities
- Ideally 2-4 years of experience at an institutional advisor/consultant, on a principal investment team (corporate or other), investment bank, project finance firm, professional services firm, investment manager, Limited Partner, or in associated fields focused on Infrastructure, Real Assets or Private Equity
- A Bachelor's degree or MBA (or higher) ideally in a related field such as Business, Finance, Engineering or Economics
- Experience and knowledge of the infrastructure sector is a plus
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity, work ethic, tenacity, and character
- Advanced financial modeling skills, including MS Excel proficiency, capital structure analysis, debt service, etc.