Company Summary: Our client, a Washington DC-based Private Equity firm, is seeking to add a Private Equity Associate to their growing team. This firm invests across several industries and has gotten a tremendous amount of traction from institutional investors due to their impact approach to investing. This role offers the opportunity to get in close to the ground floor of a rapidly growing firm while gaining a tremendous amount of hands-on transaction & operational experience.
The Private Equity Associate will be responsible for:
- Taking point on the development of financial modeling as well broader industry research
- Creation of investment memoranda, underlying analysis, and investment decisions.
- Assisting with the structuring and negotiations of the acquisition and disposition of various investment targets
- Work directly with executive leadership of acquired companies to drive the professionalization and profitability of their organizations
The Private Equity Associate should have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of investment banking experience (specifically M&A or LevFin) with a reputable middle market or bulge bracket bank. Previous operational experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier university
- An interest in a hands-on, collaborative approach to investing and business as well as ability to multi-task and collaborate in team efforts
- Self-motivated and good work ethic with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Possesses excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as consumer & retail, business services, industrials, and healthcare