A leading international digital payment company is looking for a Privacy Legal Counsel to join their expanding team. The individual will be responsible for developing the privacy team to support the implementation of their globalisation strategy. Role can be based in Singapore or London.
- Advise on privacy aspects of international operations, focusing on APAC/Europe.
- Negotiate, draft and review privacy provisions in contracts and commercial agreements.
- Advise business teams on privacy issues relating to new business models, strategies, operations, and marketing.
- Research privacy laws and regulations.
- Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction.
- 5+ PQE at a law firm/corporation.
- 3+ years of experience working on privacy-related matters.
- APAC/Europe privacy experience a plus.
- CIPP/A certification or similar a plus.
- Strong legal drafting skills in English
- Chinese proficiency (ability to hold business meetings/draft basic documents) preferred
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Interested in data protection, technology, innovation and business.
- Highly motivated and with the desire to collaborate with others
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number 16S8194)