Candidates MUST have a PhD in an engineering field. NOT Physics or Math.
- Partner closely with engineering, research and trading teams to understand their specific use cases of datasets and then work to extract the most value from the datasets.
- Apply data processing techniques and software to manipulate, curate, clean and analyze datasets.
- Engage with data vendors to understand the characteristics of the datasets.
- Responsible for investigating new datasets and maintaining existing datasets.
- Passion for data and applying it to an investment/financial use case.
- Excitement and experience in wrangling data and performing exploratory and systematic data analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong expertise in Python, SQL and Linux.
- Previous experience or familiarity with options and volatility.