Global leading Proprietary Trading firm is looking for an Sr. Network Engineer to join their dynamic entrepreneurial company; located in New York, NY or Chicago, IL. As leaders in technological innovations the company strives to manage unique partnerships in an inclusive, transparent, and diverse dynamic environment. The right candidate will be an independent thinker who shares a commitment to collaborate with software engineers to solve the most complex problems through automation and design.
Sr. Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, administration, and support of global network infrastructure.
- Responsible for external data communications, security infrastructure, network/wireless infrastructure, and network analysis tools.
- Execute network infrastructure configuration, deployment, support, and management.
- Work on Cisco and Arista Network technologies- routing and switching, and network security beyond firewalls.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communications skills to assess, communicate, prioritize operational risks to network services in a fast-paced environment.
The Sr. Network Engineer MUST have the following Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of Enterprise Network Administration internal-facing experience
- Deep understand of complex routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, Multicast, EIGRP)
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools (Grafana, Graylog, SNMP, Syslog, sflow)
- Experience working on firewalls (Palo Alto is a MUST)
- Network Automation experience
- Python (highly preferred)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
Additional Qualifications are a plus: (preferred but NOT required)
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
- Experience with Dark Fiber & DWDM Technologies
- Ability to work on Azure and AWS platform
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
If you are interested in the Sr. Network Engineer role, please apply ASAP!