I am working with a top insurance-based asset manager in based in NYC looking to add a VP Model Risk Governance Senior Analyst. The firm has roughly 600B in AUM and is a fortune 250 company. They offer clients access to hyper specialized investment teams through its extensive network of affiliated boutique offices. They run a diverse strategy across their boutiques - mostly fixed income, equity, and alternative investment focused.
The firm is looking to take on a senior analyst (VP) to play a vital role in ensuring consistent implementation of the Model Risk Governance framework across all models at the firm, including actuarial and non actuarial models.
You will be tasked with managing/overseeing the company-wide inventory along with the MRM system. You must have an in-depth understanding of the entire model life cycle including: model development and validation.
A few of the primary responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of the model inventory - collecting and tracking feedback and defects - owning defect resolution
- Own model governance processes that ensure BUs keep model information in the MRM System accurate
- Execute reporting for BUs and Senior Management, e.g., extract reports via SQL from the MRM System and/or enhance report automation
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- seven years of experience in Model Risk Management related areas
- In-depth knowledge of model inventory, life cycle practices and workflows around model validation, attestation and other 1st & 2nd LOD processes
- Understanding of risk metrics and model risk controls
- Knowledge of SQL and techniques to retrieve information from databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills