A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire a Managing Director to lead independent risk oversight of the bank's retail reserves (CECL, CCAR, ACL). This will be a critical senior role as you will be responsible for evaluating and providing regulatory capital guidance on high impact transactions and portfolios across the business to senior management and stakeholders, Risk Committees, Regulators, and the CRO & CFO.
The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of experience in Risk Management or Product Program Governance, a thorough understanding of credit/consumer lending products and the risks associated, familiarity with regulatory landscape, the ability to work closely with C-suite individuals & the regulators, as well as challenge senior management across the business.
- Provide oversight of the governance framework and methodology for calculating retail and personal banking reserves
- Review and challenge CECL committee and appropriately assess the impact to the CECL reserves when business decisions are made
- Negotiate with and challenge senior leaders across the firm to ensure adherence to risk frameworks prior to reporting to the governance committee
- Ensure communication with regulatory agencies (Fed/OCC/FDIC/SEC) on capital regulatory matters and participate in forums
- Ensure stress forecasting is properly calculated for ACL, CECL, CCAR and in accordance with regulatory expectations and policies
- Provide strategic analytics and insight regarding reserves and cost of credit forecast to senior management
- Coordinate regulatory examinations to achieve full compliance
- 15+ years of experience in Risk Management
- Consumer lending product knowledge (credit cards, mortgages, unsecured products, etc.) and the ability to identify potential risks that can arise from such products
- Deep understanding of regulatory landscape, specifically CECL and CCAR
- Executive presence and the ability to communicate with C-suite management, senior stakeholders across the business, and the regulators