An industry leading international Investment Bank is looking to add an AVP to their Market Risk team covering their credit trading portfolio. These are growth hires, as the bank has been hiring significantly across the front office and is now looking for mid-level Market Risk talent to support the traders.
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Market Risk for the Americas, and you will sit on the trade floor upon entry. The Risk team at this bank is very front office-facing, as you will be supporting the traders on a daily basis, working directly with them on hedging strategies, and leading weekly meetings with the regional trading heads.
- Work closely with traders to develop hedging strategies for HY and IG credit trading
- Analyze and oversee all Credit Trading activities for control and identify market risk exposure across the North and South American markets
- Engage closely with senior stakeholders and present the necessary risk metrics and potential exposures
- Serve as a 2nd line of defense for independent oversight across all issues and concerns pertaining to the Credit Trading portfolio
- Review risk limit frameworks and controls
- 3+ years of experience in a Market Risk Management role
- Extensive knowledge of credit products
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders as well as the front office
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different teams within the firm
- Proficiency with SQL/VBA