A Global Commodities Firm is hiring a Market Risk Analyst to cover the Softs and Ags portfolios in their Stamford office.
This hire will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer and work closely with the front office on physical and financial trading risk management.
This individual will risk manage the largest portfolios, including coffee, sugar, and cotton, and actively optimize hedging activity utilizing futures and options strategies.
This role will regularly interact with global teams in South America, Europe, and the APAC regions. The firm would like this hire to focus on the Americas portfolios first and then grow their global responsibilities to cover additional regions and portfolios.
The firm is seeking a candidate with a physical commodities background, and they are open to candidates covering metals, energy, or other commodities who would like to expand into softs/ags coverage.
- Develop, enhance, and implement market risk analytics for the North and South American Softs/Ags portfolios
- Provide real-time support to the trade desk on large transactions or ad hoc risk analytics requests
- Partner closely with the Front Office, Trade Operations, and Global Finance teams to understand market risk and country risk impacting VaR
- Explain macro risk factors, perform market research, and present strategy enhancements to develop new trade and hedging ideas
- 3+ years of market risk experience
- Experience covering physical commodities trading book
- Proficient understanding of options and Greeks to influence hedge strategy
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R, or VBA strongly preferred