One of the largest North American Power Generation and Infrastructure companies in the US is looking to hire a Market Risk Manager to cover their Power and Gas Portfolios.
This individual will be responsible for overall Market Risk Management for the company thus making them accountable for Market Risk Reporting, developing risk metrics in relation to the Power and Gas Portfolios, P&L reports, and assisting in the development of stress testing scenarios for each Power Market.
The ideal hire will have 2 plus years working in NA Power and Gas Markets with specific knowledge and understanding of ERCOT and PJM and 2 plus years specifically working in a Risk Management function. The hire must have experience with ETRM implementations with prior experience using Aligne a plus. Technical ability in Excel, VBA, SQL, or Python is considered highly.
- Overall Market Risk management for the firm including risk reporting and daily interaction with the front office and back office
- Assist in the development of stress testing scenarios for each portfolio and power market
- Develop portfolio risk metrics to better understand were risks are in each market and portfolio
- Create P&L reports in conjunction with IT to understand hidden P&L
- 2+ years working in NA Power and Gas markets with a deep understanding of risk exposures
- Knowledge of PJM and ERCOT Power Markets
- Experience using and implementing ETRM systems
- Prior experience and demonstrated ability to use Excel, VBA, Python, or SQL