The purpose of this position is to develop statistical models such as origination and credit risk scorecards, behavior and collection scorecards, forecasts, and resource allocation models.
Outcomes and Activities:
- This position will work from home; at a future date, occasional planned travel to an office location may be required. However, this position may be permitted to work at an office location at a future date, if requested by the team member
- Develop, test, and implement statistical models and data infrastructure
- Actively monitor the performance of models in production
- Analyze data to drive better business decisions
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years experience developing predictive models/consumer credit models
- 5+ years programming in the SAS computer language
- Expert knowledge of SAS programming, SQL, and relational databases
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, etc.
- Advanced SAS programming certification
- Experience in the consumer lending industry, with some preference given to automobile finance experience
- Experience developing credit risk scorecards or collection scores
- Recent consulting or small company experience