International mid-market Investment Bank currently expanding for a Vice President to join their successful Industrials / Business Services Investment Banking (M&A) team in London.
The team are mid-market specialists, with the Bank having closed over 80 M&A deals in FY21 and they're actively hiring for a VP / Director who wants to thrive in a meritocratic culture.
If you're a driven M&A VP / Director who is passionate about the Industrials / Business Services M&A space and looking for clear, streamlined progression at a strong Investment Bank - apply below!
- Participate in selling/pitching to clients and prospects, leveraging understanding of macro trends and strategic direction of clients to win business.
- Build and maintain relationships with client senior executives. Consistently exceed client expectations. Assume role of day-to-day client contact for questions, comments, inputs and deal related matters.
- Provide direction on financial/valuation analyses approach for valuing debt and equity.
- Serve as a sounding board for unique and creative approaches for analyses.
- Execute extensive financial/ valuation analyses for complex and high impact deals.
- Offer creative and insightful resolution to issues or problems arising in execution and origination.
- Provide thought leadership to streamline processes and improve efficiency and effectiveness. Provide ongoing guidance and spot corrections to improve team efficiency.
- Act as lead "on the job" trainer for associates and analysts, providing constructive feedback.
- Review all analyst and associate work for consistency, correctness and formatting, taking responsibility for client materials and reports.
- Actively participate in recruiting and training activities.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Prior investment banking experience required; 7+ years' experience in an M&A focused role
- Experience, and a vested interest, across Industrials / Business services
- Good mentorship capabilities and experience training junior professionals
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and able to manage expectations of senior bankers while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to lead transaction processes and pitch new business with moderate senior banker oversite
- Some travel may be required