Roles and responsibilities
- Extensive and proven technical background in data integration with a good understanding of its core elements such as data ingestion, data architecture, data unification/modeling and data consumption as well interest in elements related to data governance such as data quality, data lineage and metadata management.
- The ability to identify structural and preferably automated solutions to common technical challenges by taking the lead in drafting designs, refining the workload and guiding the implementation toward production
- Technical leadership paving the way forward for our global data engineering workforce, improving the craftmanship of our department, retaining and hiring talent and working with other chapter leads in our domain
How to succeed
- 10+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with ETL processes and tools (experience with Oracle Data Integrator or similar ETL tooling) and a good understanding of Data Integration concepts
- Experience with online and/or streaming data integration and pipelines
- Experience with database design, modeling and data analysis
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts (experience with Oracle RDBMS)
- Understanding of Kafka technology and implementations
- Experience with Linux operating system or other Unix systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders and cross border squads
- Technical leadership skills, able to motivate and advance the data engineering practice and its craftmanship to the next level
- Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology
- Experience with CI/CD
- Nice to have experience on reporting technologies like IBM Cognos or Microsoft PowerBI
If you're interested reach out to Eva Sassnick.