An elite hedge fund is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Lead, you'll be working in a greenfield environment with global and cross-functional teams to architect & implement an innovative data platform. If this sounds interesting, please don't hesitate and apply in to learn more about the opportunity!
As the Lead Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather requirements to build a next generation data platform that will be used across the business globally.
- Identifying areas of the existing platform where data access/management can be more efficient and creating solutions to solve those areas.
- Leading a team of engineers in using best technical practices for persistence, API Development, streaming technology, and error detection/correction.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, or any other related field
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer, 1+ years of leading a team
- Professional experience with building high quality data platforms.
- Extensive experience working with real-time data.
- Strong background in programming with Python, C++ not required but would be a +
- Demonstrated track record of ownership, leadership, high achievement and raising the standard of those around you.