A global multi-billion-dollar American hedge fund is currently seeking ambitious and driven junior traders in London. You will be able to make a direct impact on the firm by immediately helping grow their team. As a Junior Trader, you will work as a part of a team of analysts, traders, and portfolio managers who are responsible for discretionary and semi-systematic strategies. You will be working closely with Quantitative Researchers to leverage their research platform to improve both discretionary and systematic strategies. This role provides an opportunity to leverage and develop a broad range of skills including fundamental and macro analysis, quantitative research, portfolio construction, risk management, and execution. We currently run discretionary strategies in Equities, Commodities, Rates/FX, and Credit including Volatility trading across all asset classes.
Junior Discretionary Trader Position:
- Daily monitoring, maintenance, hedging a portfolio to maintain target position and book running of the portfolio
- Working alongside traders and quant research team to structure and evaluate new trading opportunities.
- Manage internal data and research tools as well as external research and relationships to highlight trading opportunities.
Typical Day of Junior Discretionary Trader:
- Provide market colour which can impact portfolios. working alongside the PM to adjust and manage accordingly.
- Analysed the performance and risk of the portfolios.
- Monitoring various trading venues and markets to identify trading opportunities
- Executing large or complex trades which cannot be automated due to complexity or liquidity constraints
Skill-set Required for Position:
- Quantitative or Finance background - includes degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometric, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Finance
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across the globe
- Programming skills (Python) are a plus but are not strictly required
- Up to 5 year's experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply using the link below.