A leading German asset servicing provider is looking to grow their Internal Audit team with the addition of an Internal Audit Specialist to their industry-leading team in Munich. This role represents a unique opportunity to lead and learn from a specialised and highly-qualified team in a key area of growth for the client.
The Internal Audit Specialist will:
- Work independently on the entire audit cycle, including the planning, implementation and reporting stages and determining how to correct weaknesses and improve processes as well as participating in annual audit planning
- Focus on risk and process-oriented audits, specifically working on maintaining system date and ensuring accuracy and integrity of data
- Report directly to the Head of Internal Audit as well cooperating with Group Internal Audit members in order to ensure knowledge transfer within the team
- Confirm alignment with relevant regulations, relating to both group-wide and local rules
- Support and advise other departments on audit-related issues according to the needs of the group
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. economics, finance, etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of audit techniques in the Financial Services sector, particularly relating to securities businesses, depository banks or asset management groups
- Have had at least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in Internal Audit/Risk Management within a financial services institution, including practical experience with risk- and process-based audits
- Be willing to travel around the hubs of the business across Western Europe
- Have the ambition to lead audits and reach a managerial-level position in the next couple of years depending on performance
- Be able to work well under pressure as well as understand and explain complex circumstances in a comprehensible way
- Have strong communications skills in addition to a systematic and organised style of working
- Preferably have certifications such as the CIA
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in English and ideally German, other European languages are also an advantage
Our client is one of the most well-known asset servicing groups in Europe, who are looking to expand their activities in the German market as one of their core strategic aims.
To apply for the Internal Audit Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV on LinkedIn.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!