One of world's leading operators in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services is searching for a VP of Internal Audit to expand their Group Internal Audit in Amsterdam. This role represents a unique opportunity to lead a highly-qualified team in a key area of growth for the client.
The VP of Internal Audit will:
- Work closely with Assistant Business Partner of Group Internal Audit to lead internal audits and stay abreast of emerging issues, audit progress and resourcing information impacting audit progress
- Assist in the execution of the annual risk based audit plan including ongoing evaluation of plan based on emerging risks
- Foster risk and control awareness across the organization by working with management and second line functions
- Plan and develop scope, audit program, and appropriate procedures for each audit in accordance with departmental guidelines, IIA Standards, and relevant laws and regulations
- Manage, plan and oversee multiple types of audits focusing on Operational audits and Group Functions (Risk Management, Compliance, HR and Finance)
- Timely escalate relevant matters identified in the audit process to management and GIA management
- Demonstrate capacity for effective decision making and drawing reasonable conclusions
- Show comprehension and ability to evaluate existing policies and procedures and identify controls. Perform audit procedures to test the effectiveness of the controls
- Maintain expertise and pursue training to keep abreast of new and proposed developments in the Auditing field and consider the impact on the company through various industry organizations including the IIA
- Provide direction, guidance and motivation to staff including goal setting and appraisals.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in relevant accounting / financial discipline coupled with 5 to 10 years relevant experience in a similar internal audit position within the financial services or professional services (Big Four) sectors
- Showcase knowledge of modern internal audit best practice and methods
- Have affinity with Governance, Risk and Compliance related issues
- Be capable of understanding the applications of a range of audit techniques
- Have experience in auditing in an international multi-location environment
- Know the TeamMate application and be able to use CAATs
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and automated internal audit application
Our client is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide.
To apply for the VP of Internal Audit role, please contact Iuliia Vagapova, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!