A Top International Investment Bank is looking to fill a senior-level role, sourcing for experienced risk management candidates to serve as the US Head of Traded Risk for the firm! This role will lead a large team, work with global and regional senior executives, and cover Market and Counterparty Credit Risk across trading desks.
This hire will report up to the Global Head of the Group, and serve as the main point person for all Traded Risk matters. This candidate will cover cross-desk Market and Counterparty risk in regards to setting risk limits, allocation of risk appetite across risk stripes, proactive management of RWAs, present traded risk on global risk committees, approve and review new products, and lead this team as the principal risk stakeholder for the Head of Global Markets for the US.
The firm is looking for candidates with prior risk management experience on a Traded Risk team, extensive management experience in running a large team of their own, excellent soft skills in order to effectively engage with senior executives on a daily basis, and a strong technical skillset and understanding.
- Lead a team of traded risk experts
- Presenting to senior executives on all matters related to Traded Risk both regionally and globally
- Setting appropriate risk limits across trading desks for Market and Counterparty Credit Risk
- Ensuring market risk appetite is aligned within regional risk-taking activities
- Representing Trading Risk on Global committees
- 6-12 years of direct experience in cross-asset Market Risk Management
- Prior extensive management experience in leading a team
- Excellent soft skills (communication, presenting, etc.) in order to effectively engage with senior executives
- Strong technical and quantitative skills