We are working alongside our client, a leading Dutch Fintech with a strong presence in the German market, in their search for a Finance and Controlling Manager to join their team in Munich. The role involves working independently in setting up and maintaining the Financial Reporting standards for the entire German entity. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment with a fast-growing and industry-leading employer.
The Finance and Controlling Manager will:
- Take responsibility for the Accounting and Controlling of a medium-sized German securities institution
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, in particular relating to the preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial statements for the German entity
- Prepare required reports according to Section 5 WpIG as well as topics relating to accounts receivable accounting, cost accounting and asset accounting in a quality-assured manner
- Perform the preparation of the overall balance sheet and P&L
- Work closely with the CFO to analyse disparities between actual and planned figures and comment on results on a monthly basis
- Also have contact with the handling of tax returns together with the tax consultant
- Implement and further develop reporting and consolidation software
- Provide internal accounting and finance support as required, acting as the primary contact for queries as well as coordinating with external auditors
- Have a relevant degree, i.e. in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or a related subject
- Possess several years of professional experience in the field of financial services, accounting or controlling, ideally in a financial services institution or in consulting
- Have a significant amount of experience in Financial Accounting and Taxation, particularly relating to HGB
- Also have had contact with Balance Sheet topics, as well as ideally some legal knowledge in line with MaRisk, KWG and WpIG
- Be able to navigate a fast-paced remote environment and have enthusiasm to drive disruptive change first-hand
- Speak fluent written and spoken German as well as English
- Work well within a small team and possess outstanding communication skills
Our client is a growing and dynamic Dutch Fintech who enjoy a strong reputation in the market and are currently looking to expand their activities in the DACH region.
To apply for the Finance and Controlling Manager role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV via LinkedIn.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!