A top tier American Investment Bank in the New York Area is looking to hire an ED-level candidate to their Market Risk team covering Global Equities. This individual will be accountable for leading a team of at least five market risk analysts responsible for managing the market risk of their global equities trading desk, which includes structured and exotic derivatives, vanilla flow derivatives, cash, delta one swaps, special situations, convertible bonds, and prime brokerage. This team is going to be expanding through 2022, so the MD is looking for a partner in the business that he can rely on as the team grows.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in Market Risk, expert knowledge across equity products and their associated derivatives, and ideally coming from another large financial institution. This role will require exceptional leadership and communication skills, as you will be managing the relationships between the front office and risk, handling regulator interaction, and will be a contributing member of the Risk Committee.
- Establish and enforce the market risk limits for the global equities trading desk
- Provide approval for large client option trades, non-standard complex transactions, new products, etc.
- Assess the appropriateness of the risk reward profile of new large or complex transactions
- Develop trader metrics to analyze performance across the desk
- Work with leadership to manage and enhance the existing risk framework across the desk
- Lead meetings with senior regional trading heads for the US, EMEA, Asia, and India
- Work as a contributing member of the Risk Committee and present on exposures across Global Equities
- Perform scenario analysis and stress testing
- Work cross functionally with internal teams including Product Control, Traders, Quants, etc. on market risk related issues
- 10+ years of experience in Market Risk
- Expert knowledge of the equities market
- Ability to leverage Excel/SQL
- Leadership ability and the skills to manage a team
- Excellent communication skills