Equity L/S QR - $16BN AUM Hedge Fund - NYC
One of the top global hedge funds ($16BN AUM) is actively looking to build out a new systematic trading pod within the business. The firms, and this trading pod, focus heavily on L/S, market neutral, trades within the global equities space. This will be one of the largest AUM books within the business providing unmatched potential.
The pod is looking for an exceptionally strong Quantitative Researcher and/or Data Scientist within Equity space. The team will be leveraging traditional and alternative data to conduct alpha research on systematic equity strategies focused. You will have the opportunity to lead signal research from though generation to implementation within the team. Providing excellent personal and career growth opportunities for candidates across the industry.
- Hands on lead for the complete lifecycle of research, development and implementation for alpha signals and strategies
- Partner with the Senior Portfolio Manager and other quant researchers on portfolio optimization, and portfolio construction research
- Develop and maintain data pipelines within traditional and alternative data spaces
- Collaborate with other team members on ad-hoc QR tasks
- 1+ year of experience within a Researcher or Data Scientist capacity within the Equity QR space
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Exceptional Python programming skills
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work in a collaborative team environment