A top Elite Boutique are looking for an Analyst and an Associate to join its Primary and Secondary Capital Advisory group to be based in either Paris or London. The team collaborates closely with its other teams in America and Asia, while covering some of the most high profile projects across the EMEA region.
- Primary fund raisings: PCA advises private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure investment fund managers globally in capital raising transactions for the manager's investment vehicles. This combines advisory/investment banking activity (deal origination, due diligence, strategic and financial advice, structuring, execution) with capital markets functions (sales, distribution).
- Secondary advisory: The Firm advises institutional investors seeking liquidity from alternative investments, or (ii) private equity managers seeking to recapitalise or restructure an existing investment vehicle. This group advises their clients with regard to the preparation of materials, financial position of alternative investment portfolios, sale or recapitalisation process and other items.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing market analyses to generate potential new business leads, preparing meeting materials and participating actively in meetings with prospective clients;
- Analysing alternative investment portfolios;
- Covering and communicating with prospective investors;
- Organising and attending meetings with prospective buyers;
- Preparing transaction information (e.g. memorandum, data room materials, investor presentations);
- Communicating with, organising and attending due diligence meetings with prospective buyers;
- Communicating regularly with, reporting to and attending meetings with the Firm's clients; and
- Working with clients and counsel to review transaction documentation, negotiate key terms of the transaction with prospective buyers and close transactions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- M&A advisory, private capital and/or secondary advisory experience preferred; however, PCA Group will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds, including other areas of investment banking such as LBO finance, fund financing, financial sponsors, principal investments and so on, as well as private banking, management consulting, and limited partner institutional investors with experience in private markets.
- The proven ability to lead complex transactions and teams through a process leading to completed advisory assignments or investments;
- Academic excellence, financial / valuation acumen, technical skills in excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisational skills;
- The capacity to multitask and think strategically;
- Fluent French speaker (but not necessarily French mother tongue);
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhering to legal and regulatory requirements and follows the firm's policies and procedures.
If you are seeking to specialise in the Primary and Secondaries space, then please apply!