A well-capitalized, fully integrated real estate development and investment firm is seeking to add a Director of Development to their team in Charlotte, NC. The Director of Development is responsible for executing and taking point on development functions for multifamily, retail, office, and covered land real estate projects in the Southeast US region with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis, and overall management of the development process.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of real estate development experience, project management, or land development
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Architecture, or any related field
- Oversee and manage design team and consultants to complete market analysis, situation analysis, and research zoning and municipal requirements
- Manage due diligence process on land opportunities, and develop documentation and recommendations on findings
- Negotiate sale and purchase agreements for approved projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with brokers, equity partners, lenders, real estate owners, and all stakeholders to appropriately manage current and potential development projects