A FinTech startup based in Charlotte is searching for an Engineering Director. The firm was founded in 2015 and spun out of a global, $400M+ hedge fund. The platform was originally built internally to help the firm make well-informed decisions by acting as a tool to leverage investment strategies, but it quickly became clear that there was a demand for this technology from outside investors. The firm was commercialized 18 months ago, and it now licenses its platform to hedge funds and institutional investors globally.
The Director of Engineering will join as a member of the founding team including one technical, full-stack, co-founder and a data scientist to help make meaningful decisions contributing to the firm's commercialization and scalable future growth. This individual will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining a full-stack application, and will have significant influence on technical architecture and product strategy.
- Write amazing code - it's a small team today, so everyone is expected to be hands-on.
- Full-scope technical ownership of the tech product, working closely with our technical co-founder
- Oversee all back-end and front-end development, hosting and DevOps frameworks to ensure uptime of the application.
- Collaborate closely with other developers and the management team to ensure timely delivery of new products and features.
- Be a trusted leader with respect to team management, up-skilling and hiring within the engineering team.
- Have a deep understanding of the business domain, ensuring that the software aligns with the company's goals and objectives.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related study
- 8-12 years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years in a hands-on leadership role.
- A deep understanding of database design and modeling
- Prior experience in financial technology, investment technology and/or data science.
- A deep interest in a wide range of technologies. We work with Python, SQL, poetry, DevOps tooling, Docker, AWS, and web development (HTML/CSS/JS/Bootstrap/etc.).
- Start-up experience