- Discuss in detail the nature of the clients industry, including key risks associated to both the business and the those facing the sector itself.
- Carry-out detailed analysis of the clients financials and competitive positioning within the industry, outlining the strengths/Weaknesses.
- Assessment of funding strategy, financial policy, treasury activity (hedging, cash management) and liquidity
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness
- Prepare a complete evaluation of risks associated with particular proposed transactions to be presented to senior management e.g. Industry specific reviews, portfolio reviews, stress-tests, assessments and new proposals.
- Continued monitoring of clients industry, including developments, events, regulatory changes
- Build and develop relationships with senior stakeholders within the business / designated counterparts within the portfolios.
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis and act as the main support mechanism on any questions or disputes.
- Act as the credit expert across the business.
- A Masters or PhD in Accounting, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines
- Native/Fluent in French is a must.
- 6+ years within Credit Risk, corporate credit analysis and sector exposure across EMEA
- Strong knowledge of the aviation (primary), utility/energy, construction or materials sectors.
- Proven track record dealing and building relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Previous experience within a ratings agency is a plus
- Accounting background highly attractive.