Our client is a leading multinational bank now seeking a DevOps Lead to join the team based in the City of London. This is an opportunity to provide leadership, administration and deliver within the development operations which consists of an IT delivery and projects department of over 100 staff. It is essential that the individual who secures this role has the ability to collaborate with teams to improve CI/CD capabilities and efficiencies.
This role requires a DevOps lead to improve the organisations overall capability for delivery of IT and projects with the ability to improve automation in the software development lifecycle with a view of increasing quality, productivity and development experience across the department.
- Work with the team across IT to improve CI/CD capability and drive greater efficiency of the delivery of change.
- Provide independent challenge to the teams across IT to deliver a modern DevOps environment appropriate for the enterprise.
- Build out the CI/CD pipeline across all development teams and develop their understanding of good CI/CD practices.
- Drive adoption of agreed standard practices in the use of development and project delivery tooling across all of IT
- administer, own and govern the Atlassian platform CI/CD tooling across the IT department.
- Deep understanding and experience of Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket)
- Deep understanding and real-world experience implementing DevOps and CI/CD pipelines using typical software engineering toolsets/products
- Experience of mentoring BAs, developers, testers and project managers to advance their understanding and gain they buy in for improved practices
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- £105K basic salary
- 8% Cash allowance
- bonus discretionary
- 10% non-contributory pension + further 5% contribution match
- Health care
- other benefits to be discussed subject to successful interview