Position: Senior Director - Debt Portfolio Management (Workout / Restructuring)
Location: New York, NY
A prominent global investment firm is seeking an experienced Debt Portfolio Manager to join their corporate lending team. This person will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing the debt portfolio through strategic workouts, restructurings, and risk assessments.
- Lead Restructuring Initiatives: Take charge of the firm's restructuring efforts, overseeing liquidations and turnarounds. In cases of covenant breaches, defaults, or crises, identify and propose solutions, then lead the execution of chosen remedies, collaborating with management teams and external advisors as necessary
- Portfolio Oversight: Assume responsibility for managing the current debt portfolio. Conduct in-depth analysis of both current and historical business performance to inform decision-making.
- Credit Risk Management: Offer expert credit risk assessment and workout portfolio management services, helping to ensure our investment strategies align with our risk tolerance
- Minimum of 10+ years of prior credit experience required with a strong focus on leading workouts and restructurings a leveraged lending environment, restructuring advisory, restructuring investment banking, distressed situations experience, or distressed middle market investing
- Existing relationships within the distressed/special situations sector are a plus
- Advanced familiarity with capital structure and corporate debt
- Ability to understand and negotiate complex credit and other legal agreements