I am working with a global leading Hedge Fund seeking a highly skilled Data Scientist to join their team. This provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with amazing opportunities for career growth.
In this role you will join a collaborative team focusing on discovering fundamental insights in order to capture and understand dislocations within financial markets.
- Help with the coding, designing and maintaining tools to capture data for the team
- Maintain, test, research, on-board and scout a diverse set of both alternative and traditional data sets
- Transform and scrape different sources of data in a uniform format for analysing and processing
- Extract fundamental insights leveraged by the team in the the investment process by analysing data sets and creating statistical models
- Strong Python experience
- Excellent knowledge of large data analytics and their applications
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related STEM field
- Leveraging web-scraping techniques experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and quantitative skills
- 2 or more years experience with Python
- 2 or more years of experience with large data sets
- 2 or more years of experience as a data scientist in big tech or finance
- A team player that has a strong desire to work and help others
- Creativity in developing new ideas and strong critical thinking skills