A leading hedge fund is looking for strong data professionals to join their team in Houston, TX to analyze, clean, and curate date, sitting directly between their software engineers and data scientists. This high-impact, high-visibility role will give you the opportunity to work closely with everyone along the data pipeline and contribute to ensuring that the data is clean, useful, and relevant.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments.
- Create systematic, automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other data analysts to understand business needs and then design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team's data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years professional experience in an environment that prioritizes data quality
- Exposure to hands-on Python and SQL coding in the context of data pipelining in a professional environment. Prior experience with Jira, Bash, GIT desired.
- Extensive experience cleaning data using Python.