A proprietary trading firm in Chicago is looking to find a Trade Desk Operations Engineer to join their Trading Desk team. This firm has been around for nearly twenty years and focuses on U.S. Equities and Futures trading.
The Trade Desk Operations Engineer is responsible for monitoring system status and operational integrity and working collaboratively with colleagues to enhance and improve the trading system procedures. This person will work closely with the traders and will manage the trading system during shorter staffed periods.
- Monitor and spot-check trades and displayed system values in real time.
- Identify and respond to system incidents, perform troubleshooting procedures, and escalate as necessary.
- Automate existing processes
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- Proficient with UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Proficiency in a programming language (Python, Ruby, or Perl preferred)
- Experience using SQL to interact with database tables.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and further knowledge in the finance industry.