Our client a world-wide leading hedge-fund with technology at the core of all of its operations, require a Cloud Platform Engineer in London. This role requires a computer scientist and passionate technologist to join during an exciting cloud transformation programme, the Cloud Platform Engineer will be involved in managing the cloud its security, networking as well as be a part of the build-out.
- Work with the highest attention to detail, quality, and velocity on assigned projects and tasks
- Lead conversations with senior and high-profile stakeholders regarding design and architecture of the cloud platform
- Run critical production systems and apply operational testing/best practice
- Design cloud platforms which will include security & networking
- Work with leading technologies on modern, large-scale databases (Big Query, MongoDB) and storage solutions
- Monitor and deploy GCP managing the platform layer
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or another technical discipline
- Experienced with Linux, Kubernetes, GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with GitOps / IaaC and tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience in deploying and managing services in a cloud environment
- Designing and deploying and operating large-scale distributed systems
- Application development experience ideally on a public cloud platform.