Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Business users, Application Development, Application Architecture, and Software Release management teams to gather requirements.
- Supports Infrastructure from an engineering, security, and architecture perspective.
- Designs and implements infrastructure of multi-tenant, multi-tier, scalable applications as well as implementation of tools/automation and processes to support application development, quality assurance, and ops provisioning.
- Focus on developing, implementing and operationalizing cloud solutions that are highly available and resilient by utilizing best practices in systems engineering, network engineering, and multi-region design strategies.
- Documents standards, processes, workflows, and policies around applications and underlying infrastructure.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex application and infrastructure issues.
- Creates and maintains automation covering provisioning and configuration management, testing, and infrastructure deployment.
- Designs, implements, and refines Microsoft Azure cloud solutions across multiple tenants with various networking and scalability using infrastructure-as-code.
- Understands Infrastructure-as-Code and/or Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM / PowerShell).
- Writes and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for knowledge transfer and continuity.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Maintains alert monitoring platform and validate alerting solutions; resize virtual platforms as needed.
- Provides infrastructure support, in Azure cloud and on-premises, on a wide range of technologies, including: Public & Private Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Azure Active Directory (AD), Group Policies (GPO), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, and Sharepoint Online.
- Adheres to Change Management and Problem Management policies for production-affecting items.
- Communicate regularly both orally and in writing at various levels to include management, and other engineers and developers.
- Familiar with Azure Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) VDI environment and has a good understanding of creating custom images, deploying, assigning, and maintaining Azure (WVD) environment. Similar Citrix experience is acceptable.
- Familiar with Azure Firewalls, Network Security Groups, VNets, and route tables.
- Familiar Azure AD Conditional Access security policies.
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and positive action.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of previous IT experience.
- 1-2 years working with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
- Certification(s) in Microsoft Azure Cloud platform is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems including software, networking, storage, user profiles, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and Hyper-V.
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including prototyping of new environments; working with development and other teams on virtual server builds, platform-as-a-service components, data migration, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Azure Site Recovery Manager backup services is desired.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Virtual Networking, Azure Storage, Linux/Windows, Windows Powershell, and application knowledge.
- Experience with configuring firewall access control lists (ACLs), software defined networking and security configurations - Palo Alto and Azure Firewall experience highly desired.
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- Desktop support and Office 365 user administration experience is a plus.
- Must have strong problem-solving and organization skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who will work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Reach out with interest!
No sponsorship or C2C available at this time.