A top 5 American Insurance company is looking to hire an AVP-level Enterprise Risk Manager to support their Reinsurance line of business and report directly to the CFO. They are looking for someone who will help lead the broader Risk team to help build out their risk governance framework. This role will also be focused on managing regulatory interactions, assisting with risk identification projects, and conducting risk assessments across various business lines. Additionally, this is a hybrid role with 3 days a week in-office, and can sit in Hartford, CT.
Ideal candidates will have 8-10 years experience within Risk Management as well as a base understanding of enterprise risk fundamentals including risk assessments, key risk indicators and risk reporting.
The Enterprise Risk Management AVP's responsibilities include:
- Manage the ERM Risk Framework and reporting across the firm's companies to efficiently implement best industry practices
- Monitor the identification, planning, and response to arising ERM issues to mitigate business risks
- Drive and promote an efficient risk culture via relationship building and corporate engagement with key stakeholders and senior executives
- Execute annual inherent risk assessments with senior leaders, working across all groups to update and enhance managed risk register
The Enterprise Risk Management AVP should have:
- 8-10 years of experience in either operational risk, enterprise risk or audit
- Experience with risk assessments, risk reporting and risk identification
- Excellent organizational, time management and relationship building skills
- Experience in the life insurance and annuity operations industry is a plus