A leading financial institution is looking to build out their team of internal auditors at the Audit Manager level. Strong candidates for this position will have extensive knowledge of the full audit lifecycle, and provide oversight to multiple audit engagement. They will also be able to create and independently perform complex work assignments and problem resolution in suport of risk-based audit. As well as the ability to establish collaborative client relationships, and proactively work with client management to assess risk and improve internal controls.
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of contact for the business through Audit engagements.
- Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of complex test work during audit activities. Executes audit documentation techniques including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments of Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-inCharge (AIC).
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards. Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager (SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Utilizes and provides guidance to team members on the use of audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are drawn.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit reports with oversight from audit leadership for issuance to respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities.
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Communicates effectively with the business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.