A Top American Investment Bank is looking to hire junior talent to join their risk modeling team for their NY office! This is a growing team at one of the best platforms in the industry, that offers direct interactions with different business lines and hands-on model development exposure across asset classes.
This hire will be responsible for model development from a hands-on perspective of statistical and economic models for market risk factors across asset classes and products. The entirety of the modeling life cycle, including analyzing data input, design, ongoing testing, and documentation will be covered as well. Additionally, this team works closely with the traders on all common valuation problems.
The firm is ideally looking for quantitative candidates with at least 1+ year of industry experience, but are open to considering fresh PhD graduates if they have a technical skillset, are proficient in Python, and have a strong knowledge of mathematics, modeling, and numerical algorithms.
- Developing price verification, capital, and stress testing models from a hands-on perspective
- Being responsible for the entirety of the modeling life cycle
- Working with all areas of Finance and traders on all common valuation problems
- Analyze data inputs to the models
- 1+ year of model development experience, or recent completion of a PhD degree
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, modeling, and numerical algorithms
- Excellent communication skills